KALE, CHICKEN & CRANBERRY SALAD
NEW FAVORITE LUNCH ALERT!
I love a good salad, but meal prepping with one can be tricky. Will I really want this in 5 days? Is this going to satisfy my otherwise sugar/carb-focused appetite?
Fortunately, this salad does the trick! The chicken & nuts keep me full & satisfied, the brussels and kale make this salad feel fresh, & the cranberries make it just a teeeeensy bit sweet. I made five salads so my weekday lunches were taken care of, but you can change the batch size to whatever will be best for you!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Cook Time: Like, 10 minutes
Serving Size: as much as you want/need
What You’ll Need:
- Organic Kale
- Chicken Breast (cooked however you would like – I roasted mine with garlic salt & pepper)
- Raw Walnuts
- Raw Sliced Almonds
- Chopped Raw Brussels Sprouts
- Dried Cranberry
- Literally, just mix everything together!
- I used one palm-sized portion of roasted chicken breast, three palm-sized portions of kale, and one palm-sized portion of raw brussels sprouts. I
- tossed in a couple pinches of raw almonds, raw walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Drizzle on an oil-based dressing of your choice (I recommend something with mustard!). Be sure to add salad dressing within a few hours before eating this, rather than when you initially put it together.
I would love to see your version of this! Share with me using the hashtag #HMBgirl so I can show your meal prep some love. Enjoy!!